M-Audio Delta 1010 - CABLE CONVERTOR

Heman468

Hi All,

As i am a newbie, I need a bit of help with something.

Ok, I have an M-Audio Delta 1010 that my friend gave to me (the older type). I used to use this on my old Apple G4 to recored some guitar tracks etc but now I would like to start using it on my PC Laptop. The problem is that the output cable on the 1010 is an old type Parallel 25 pin Cable so i would need to get a Parallel-USB cable i assume in order to use it on my Laptop?

would this option work ok or would it degrade the signal a bit? also is it important to get a very good quality cable or would a fairly cheap one do the trick?

Any help at all on this subject would be very usefull to me as I am itching to start recording and I would love to record my friends band soon aswell.

P.S I have just ordered Cubase Elements 6, this should work fine with the Delta 1010 right?

Thanks alot :)

i have no direct experience with this, but i'm fairly sure that that unit needs to be connected to its own pci card.

The card is the brains of it, and the part that the computer recognises and 'talks to'.

The rack unit is just a big breakout box really.

Someone may correct me on that, but i'm 99% sure that parallel to usb is not going to be useful here.

You cant use a PCI card on a laptop. You cant use the box without the card.

(Well you can but I doubt you'll want to buy a $4000 Magma pci expansion chassis)

Sell it and get a usb2 interface.

Here's a good starter guide.

Thanks for your help Tim :)

Ive actually put my delta 1010 and Audiobuddy on ebay and I bought the new M-audio fast track Ultra 8r and Cubase 6 Elements today while I was at work (very excited indeed)

I HOPE I SELL MY DELTA 1010 AND AUDIO BUDDY THOUGH TO GET SOME MONEY BACK ;)

Back