M Audio BX5 won't work with iMac

telecastermusic

Hi and a happy new year to all forum members. I am new to this game and need some help please. I have just purchased a pair of M Audio BX5 D2 studio monitors. I am trying to run these through Alesis io2 express audio interface with my 2012 iMac.The only audio I am hearing is via the onboard iMac speakers. I have tried changing these in settings but with no luck. Please help. Thanks, Ian.

Hi and a happy new year to all forum members. I am new to this game and need some help please. I have just purchased a pair of M Audio BX5 D2 studio monitors. I am trying to run these through Alesis io2 express audio interface with my 2012 iMac.The only audio I am hearing is via the onboard iMac speakers. I have tried changing these in settings but with no luck. Please help. Thanks, Ian.

Sound from BX5s when I reboot the iMac. however if I go back into settings (Sound), the iMac defaults to internal speakers and will not let me reassign my io2. 40 views already, someone must have some idea, please.

I'm not too familiar with your OS, but in Windows one would go into Control Panel, then to Hardware and Sound and make some adjustments there. Don't get overly disappointed because I'm sure that it will work. In the mean time you need to do some digging around until either you find the answer, or someone here helps you. It is New Years eve so I don;t know if someone will help you today or not, but give it some time and someone will eventually come along and assist you. Good Luck!

M Audio BX5 won't work with iMac

Yes they do, my BX8's work just fine with mine (although I use a Motu828mkII).

Your problem is with your interface. Did you install any drivers that came with it or are on their website?

You should be able to assign the audio to the interface outs. Read the installation manual again.

I think he meant to say, they are not working with an iMac.

Yes, sorry yes I meant that the Bx5s are not working with my imac. The problem lies with the imac. When I go into system preferences-sounds-input/output and set to io2 (audio interface) the mac defaults back to internal speakers.. So not really a problem with the monitors, more an interface/mac issue. Thanks for any advice.

Back