m-audio 1010LT & BX5 monitors questions

UNIQNESS

I just purchased a m-audio 1010LT and m-audio BX5 monitors. I'm trying to figure out how to connect everything all together. So here are some questions:

1. Do I connect each monitor to 1010LT RCA input seperately? In other words, would I need to buy 2 seperate cables that have TRS on one end and RCA on the other? I don't think 1010LT comes with TRS inputs. I'm using one of the XLR inputs for my mic so I figured I'd have to connect the monitors to RCA inputs.

2. I researched on this site and realized that my mic (MXL 990) won't work without a phantom power supply since 1010LT does not provide enough power. If I do get the phantom power supply, how do I set the jumper setting? In the manual, it says " If you wish to connect a dynamic or ribbon microphone directly to the Delta 1010LT's XLR analog inputs 1&2, then leave the jumpers set to their default setting, +4dBu. If you wish to connect the XLR analog inputs 1&2 to the output of a balanced +4dBu device such as pre amp or dynamics processor, you will need to change the jumper setting." Is phantom power supply considered as a pre amp? How exactly would I need to set up the two jumpers to make my MXL 990 work?

3. The two XLR inputs are colored white and red. Does that mean I have to get a Y cable for my microphone if I want to record for both sides of sound?

Before I install anything, I'm going to wait until I get enough replies for these questions. Thanks in advance! :)

Back