lpdeluxe, ozpeter - You're guilty in part!

downonthestreet

Yeah! Thanks to you guys, I have finally completed my punk history/archiving project. I'm chuffed, feedback has been good, but this moozic is almost certainly not your cup of cha. Nevertheless, since you guys and others helped drag me out of the woods of profound HD recording ignorance by the light of your knowledge and experience, you have to take at least a bit of the blame for the finished result! Seriously, really grateful to you and all who have helped answer my many basic and probably annoying questions over the past year.

I have some onsite MP3 file samples on the "Purchase CDs" page of my website, recently published, at the following address: www.perthpunk.com

Only the "Orphans Revisited" samples are of recent recordings (all done on CEP, with the guidance of the good folk on this forum), but all the songs on the 3 CDs were transferred to disk from very primitive cassette tape recordings 27 years old, and cleaned up as far as possible with CEP.

Cheers all, and have a great 2006.

Er... glad to have helped, though my presence here lately has been limited by pressure of work - not by lack of enthusiam for this community!

You're welcome

After I listen to the clip I'll tell you how much Ozpeter contributed;).

Seriously, have a great New Year with your new-found knowledge.

You too, Mr Ozpeter.

hahaha - suspect you'll each be blaming the other. Don't forget, the archived material was in very primitive recorded form on ancient cassette tapes to begin with...it might be hard to believe, but the CEP-treated versions onsite are a vast improvement on the original tapes. The only newly recorded material was the Orphans Revisted stuff, so there's your real gauge of the progress of your novice sound engineer.

A great New Year to you both and all.

Cheers

Thank you

My first project when I acquired Cool Edit Pro LE many years ago (or so it now seems) was to pull out the old reel-to-reel and the Portastudio and record everything from the previous 20 years into the hard drive. Then I cleaned it all up and burned to CD and I was amazed at the amount of music lurking in those old tapes.

Happy New Year, and to you too, Ozpeter.

Back