Low output??

Spider

hi all , just a quick question bout cubase ... im not real sure about this but here goes.. has anyone ever had the meter on the master fader peaking yet the level on the external mixer (in this case its a behringer 2642A) isnt even getting near 0db... Is this the wonderful world of uncalibrated level indicators??

I don't know the rest of your setup, are you using a poweramp?

Anyway, I ignore the meter on the mackie mixer. The one in Cubase is where it is going to matter for digital distortion.

I have my master faders on the external mixer set at 0/unity and bring the left right outputs from the sound card back into a spare channel. If I set that fader at 0 it would be very very loud, but I think it would probably reflect the metering in Cubase.

i do the same , the zero thing... seems to be a fairly reliable zero crossing (yeah right!).. I dont think my probs really anything to worry about.. Ill just go of the meter in cubase. I do have a power amp , its an alesis ra-100 .. I have that set very low, so ive still got a shitload of room left to go up after the soundcard , but mainly everything (to do with this monitoring stuation) on the desk is set to zero and ive just turned the amp up just enough so the level matches that of the pfl or should i say the headphone volume. But cheers for that emeric...

Back