Low notes and volume

kkh961216

Sorry for back to back posting, but I would really appreciate it if it's fair for a vocal teacher to take marks for her student (me) having a high tenor voice and as a result, having no choice but to make his lower notes quiet.

First I would like to ask, who cares what you're teacher does? Is this a class you are paying for? Or is this high school, where grades really do matter?

If it's the latter, I would say maybe. It's almost like you're making excuses (almost). "I'm a tenor, therefor I should be excused from the lower performance of lower notes."

She probably thinks you CAN do better. She's not out to get you or anything. (Unless she really is one of THOSE teachers, but I only had one of those teachers out of probably 100)

haha xD hi! well, she's a highschool teacher, but vocals isn't really a subject that counts at this point. I hated the teacher, so I decided to drop it next year. She's pretty biased FOR bases. And also, I guess it's an excuse, but she really doesn't pick songs for tenors (that belt). We're always stuck in the lower chest voice area and never bring it up. The highest note we've got this year is E4. Except for the last performance, where we could choose our own songs.

Back