Low-mid tier computer system

JJ33

Hi All,

I currently am working with a Dell 530s (dual core, 1.6 GHz) that has a USB driver issue causing the CPU to run at 50%.

I also own a lenovo x61 (core duo, 1.6 GHz), but it sometimes seems to overheat and shut down at random.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to salvage either of these systems, or if I should just bite the bullet and get something up to date.

Any thoughts appreciated. thanks!

if your brave give the lenovo a right good clean,it doesn't take long for the fans to get clogged in any type of computer,might be surprised to find what's in there ..

from this video you should be able to learn enough to strip only what you need to :)

IBM LENOVO X61 take apart video, disassemble, how to open - YouTube

for the dell try updating/re-installing the drivers ... and give that a good clean to

DELL Inspiron 530S Cleaning - YouTube

How to Clean the Inside of a Computer: 11 steps - wikiHow

if your brave give the lenovo a right good clean,it doesn't take long for the fans to get clogged in any type of computer,might be surprised to find what's in there ..

from this video you should be able to learn enough to strip only what you need to :)

...IBM LENOVO X61 take apart video, disassemble, how to open - YouTube...

for the dell try updating/re-installing the drivers ... and give that a good clean to

...DELL Inspiron 530S Cleaning - YouTube...

...How to Clean the Inside of a Computer: 11 steps - wikiHow...

That was a revelation--it hadn't occured to me that cleaning the computer could have anything to do with system performance. :thumbs up:

Appreciate the advice. Cheers :)

Back