Low level buzz in my tracks

FPDC Studios

This might not be the right forum for this but I'm kinda a noobie and this might help others so please move it if need be. I am a ways into a 5 song EP (drums, bass, first guitar layer) for some buddies of mine and one of the guitarist just noticed a slight buzz in one of the tracks. We haven't heard it up till now but now that one of them caught it, man its there.

It is noticeable more so in this track due to the fact that the drums are just cymbal hits and guitars on the intro, but if its there I'm sure its throughout. If it would help i can get a soundcloud account set up to post it in a few after I get the kid in bed.

I was hoping one of you all knew of some trick I can use to remove it like a plug in or a mixing technique. I am using Logic 8. Thank you in advance for saving my ass!!!

You've checked for bees right?

Which track is it in? What instrument?

There are filters available, but it all depends upon what track it's on as to the success of any attempt to remove. Generally, you'd retrack.

If I'm not mistaken, Logic 8 should come with Soundtrack Pro which has a noise reduction feature. Did a quick Google, check this out:

edit: not sure if external links are allowed - just Google Soundtrack Pro - noise reduction.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I never have much luck with removing noise but i usually go one of three ways.

Re- record it.
Copy and paste it from another part of the song (if there's another instance)
Mask it with something... maybe strings? distortion? some crazy effect?

Example, if I ever have a nice quiet acoustic guitar intro and there's noticeable hiss, i'll record a pad of vocal ooooohs, or put in strings.
No ones ever gonna pick hiss out of that.

That's not to say NR isn't worth trying though.

Oh, the irony. I have a Dynafex noise reduction unit that I'm trying to sell. It's a powerful beast. But no one wants it !

Back