Low-Budget Studio Headphones: any Ideas??

hugocat

I'm looking for a low-price pair of studio headphones, and wonder whether anyone can recommend a set?

I really need to keep down the cost, but I'm aware that there's a point below which it's not worth bothering.....Of course, I don't know what that price point is. These are for use in vocals and voiceovers only.

So if anyone can advise, I'd be very pleased!!

J:D

Harvery Gerst sells headphones called More-Me (~$20). Good reports on them if you do a search. Because he's not allowed to promote his own product here in the forums, you'll have to contact him outside of this site. (other people can talk about his products because it is then opinion!! :) )

I use Sennheiser HD-202's (~$30). I think they are great. Closed back design so no bleed. Available most everywhere.

I bought the Sennheiser HD205 for $50 dollars, they sound pretty good. The only problem I have with them is they are a little too tight (Hurts your ears after wearing for a while). Then again maybe my head is a little too big. lol

I bought the Sennheiser HD205 for $50 dollars, they sound pretty good. The only problem I have with them is they are a little too tight (Hurts your ears after wearing for a while). Then again maybe my head is a little too big. lol

Well your not suppose to sleep with them on. no matter how much you like them.

:cool:

Not sure what you mean by low price, but you can get a pair of new ATH-M50 (straight cord version) for $90 at a couple places on ebay right now.

Sennheiser HD280 (a tried and true long time favorite) are $99.

I have both of these, and can say that the ATH-M50 are more musical and pleasing to listen to (better for tracking, pleasure listening), but the HD280 seem to have a flatter frequency response (better for mixing, critical listening).

I also have the Yamaha RH5MA ($50), and they sound decent, but the bass is quite hyped on these so they are not good for critical listening where you need a flatter frequency response.

HD280 are the most comfortable.

I've got a couple pair of the HD280's and they are comfortable and sound good.
But I've been wanting to check out the More Me's ChiliDude was talkin about as well.
Hell, for $20 ya can't go wrong. ;)

I've been wanting to check out the More Me's ChiliDude was talkin about as well.
Hell, for $20 ya can't go wrong. ;)
Yeah, you can go wrong. The MoreMe's are strictly for tracking, where you need isolation and clear midrange. They're not for serious listening, in fact, they really suck for that. But it will let you hear yourself clearly without a lot of bass boom or ear-frying high end.*

*Note: This is not a solicitation for any order to buy and sell. The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable (mainly me), but cannot be guaranteed as to accuracy of completeness, and is subject to change without notice. The risk of using any information obtained by this method rests with the user.

Yeah, you can go wrong. The MoreMe's are strictly for tracking, where you need isolation and clear midrange. They're not for serious listening, in fact, they really suck for that. But it will let you hear yourself clearly without a lot of bass boom or ear-frying high end.*

*Note: This is not a solicitation for any order to buy and sell. The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable (mainly me), but cannot be guaranteed as to accuracy of completeness, and is subject to change without notice. The risk of using any information obtained by this method rests with the user.

Hell you sold me. I'll put the order in the first of next week.

And by no means was this do to any form of solicitation and the reliable information is known to not be accurate or complete plus due to change without notice.I'm aware that obtained information rest duly with me the end user.:D

:cool:

Back