Love For Life

Excellent song and melody.It actually stands up on it's own just like it is....thats the sign of a pretty strong tune.....Im sure it would sound great with full blown production.

I dig it.

that damn Starbucks can be so inspirational:D

kinda Beatles-y feel to the melody/feel........which is a good thing......

I definitely think it is worth recording better, but I wouldnt go much further with the arrangement...id keep the same elements you have now...maybe some light drums in the second half....and something playing fills, some counter melodies......

good work.....

Nice song. I liked the harmonies.

Critiqing the recording... Lots of pops - they almost come at regular intervals. The vocals sounded muffled and distant. Could be a lot of things, but I'm wondering what mic you used and how far away from it you were. Some plosives here and there.

It's pretty dry. A small dash of a small verb (esp on the vox and the acoustic guit) would probably warm it up nicely.

Vocal syncing issue right at the end.

My initial thoughts.

Thanks for the listen Kramer & Gidge.

TripleM, I can hear the plosives, pops and singing distance. I agree that the very last harmony is out of time.

thanks for the criticism!

Very nice. What are you using for your rhythm on this (kind of sounds like bongos)

I like the simplicity of it. Definitely worth revisiting and giving it a bigger production, but I have to agree with Gidge that the arrangement itself is really there and doesn't need much else.

btw -- Welcome to The Board!

:)

I like the song. Sounds like the White Album. Have you thought of moving from major to minor on the chorus "knowing that I'll dream of you tonight" (on the word dream). I know its been done but it could sound nice. I would keep the arrangement low-key.

Ooo really nice tune man! Love your voice. I believe I would raise the vocal levels overall. General practice would be to place the lead vocal front and center. It sounds a bit panned to the right, unless I've knocked something off balance on my end. Otherwise maybe you have a certain soundstage in mind and you can just ignore me. :)

Ya I guess I would raise the vocal levels and make any adjustments in panning of the instruments from there. Great song...refreshingly different!

SluiCe

Sluice, I love your stuff man. Like I said before, You got a lot of Bowie in you.

I wish i could give my tracks for you to mix somehow.

Back