loud obnoxious rock

warrengtype

I did a cover of a tune called "so what" by a band called 'anti-nowhere league'. Yeah, metallica did a cover of this one too, but mine is a lil' different, but it's still loud and kinda heavy.

Be forewarned though, the lyrics are pretty raunchy. So I wouldn't go playing it around youngins or easily offended types.

First on the list: "So What"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/warrengtypemusic.htm

Critiques, comments, ideas welcomed.

thanks, sir. I had a ton of fun doing it. nothing better than screaming obscenities for a nice release of life's tensions...

Ahh... you kill me!!!
You even did a slayer song for me, but what happened to "lying and dying, screaming in pain" part?

Where did you get the bell sound on "For whom the bell tolls"?

Great stuff :D

cellardweller said:
Ahh... you kill me!!!
You even did a slayer song for me, but what happened to "lying and dying, screaming in pain" part?

I always got bored by that part! So I just nixed it, it's like the version I always wanted to hear as a kid. Ah, south of heaven, the only pop record slayer ever did... good memories.

Where did you get the bell sound on "For whom the bell tolls"?

I figure if you're going to copy something you might as well go to the source. I mean uh, it's just a bell sound, right? They can't sue me for that, can they? Oh, I'm sure that since I just admitted it metallica's lawyers will be ringing my doorbell aaanny minute (DING DONG!)...

I just imported the metallica mp3 into audition, lopped off the first couple bell rings and then looped 'em.

Thanks for listening and commenting, fellers.

giraffe said:
sometimes the bass sits kinda strange

In the mix, y'mean? Or the tone? When I record I use a really bright tone because I want my bass playing to cut through the mix, cause I'm a narcissist. Which is a pain when you're playing all the instruments, cause then it's a schizo battle in your head for each instrument to be heard... but that's neither here nor there...

Uh, yeah, I do boost certain sections of the bass. Like in the verse, there's a run I do on the bass that I liked, and it wasn't really sticking out as much as I would've liked. So I isolated that section in the wav, and then turned it up a notch or two above the rest. So that may be the problem. I'll have to listen to it some more and give this some thought. Thanks for the heads up.

Back