Lots of stuff here. Please Check out.

Listened to "Decisions"... the samples sound pretty "canned", and in some cases cheesy....

There was also very little in terms of dynamic impact....

Maybe if you fleshed it out more and used better sounding samples it would have struck me in a different light -- as it was, I just found it "bland"...

Listened to a bunch of tracks. I liked "Out Of My Way" the best of the 3 you mentioned, but I was pretty much feeling everything I heard. Impressive string work and I really like your drums too, they just need to thump a bit more.

Mixing wise, you probably want to listen to Blue Bear. And definitely try to use some better sounds if possible. What are you using BTW?

Stray

Blue Bear,

I totally agree with you on "Decisions". I worked on that beat about a 1.5 years ago before I had any monitoring system and before I had any good software, samples, etc. I just wanted to put it out to see if you felt the idea was there. When I get a chance I will rebuild it. Thanks!!

stray,

Were you referring to the sounds of the brass? I was using some fake free soundfonts. I play the trumpet and trombone also so I just put the fake stuff to get an idea of what I would like it to sound. When I run into someone seriously wanting to use the beat then I will update it. My whole thought was just to get my idea on file before I forget it. But I know it's not good enough. I usually spend more time on beats when I know someone would like to use it.

feelin its time

not feelin up and down

feelin low, to the end

shit u givin this one away? count me!

hebrew, not for me, too slow, not sayin it aint nice

decisions u could add something stronger, is this like trumpet or somethin that goes in parts, , i think that should be stronger more powerful this way is too squeeky , beat is kickin

Joki, "Low" is still up for who wants it, just pm me. "Decisions", I will add real trumpets and trombones when I get a chance. I need to remix the whole beat since I did it before I had any equipment. Thanks for taking the time to listen, Joki.

pkmusic said:
stray, Were you referring to the sounds of the brass? I was using some fake free soundfonts.
I can't stream today so I can't go back and listen again. But in reference to the sounds, yes I was referring to the brass, but also some of the synths, strings (on cretain tracks) and some of your drums. However, if mixed down properly some of these tracks might be fine as is.
pkmusic said:
I play the trumpet and trombone also so I just put the fake stuff to get an idea of what I would like it to sound.
If I could get you the notation would you be down to do some session work? Not immediately, but definitely in the near future.
pkmusic said:
When I run into someone seriously wanting to use the beat then I will update it. My whole thought was just to get my idea on file before I forget it. But I know it's not good enough. I usually spend more time on beats when I know someone would like to use it.
That's exactly what I do. For me tracking/mixing is boring and a lot like work. I am all about composing, but I'm spending time now trying to get better with mixing so maybe I could speed up the process and not have to post preproduction beats anymore.

What equipment/software are you using?

Stray

stray411 said:
What equipment/software are you using?

Stray

Software:
- FL Studio 4.1 for beats
- Acid 4.0 for beats
- Vegas 3.0 for recording and somewhat mixing
- Sound Forge 7 for editing
- Izotope Ozone 2 for touchups

Hardware setup: