lots of new material

pappy999

pappy999's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

I have been in to using a lot of original instruments instead of samples lately (ie: a real hammond or rhodes instead of a korg m3). I have sold all of my keyboards and samplers in favor of real instruments. My studio has never been more crowded but it's cool. The results are pretty interesting. It's amazing the time you take to tweak if you have the real instrument at your disposal instead of merely using a plug in or workstation synth.

See if you can pick out some of the different instruments and feel free to critique.

Thanks.

Hey there pappy. 2005?...wow. I don't think I remember hearing your prior works. I did go to Soundcloud last night intending to just listen for a few minutes, but I wound up listening to at least some of each of your tracks. There's some really great stuff there.

I wasn't really thinking about the different instruments so much, although I focused a lot on the guitars and thought your use of delays was very tasteful. I liked the most chaotic bits best, where the sounds really all swelled up and your voice was layered with effects and stuff. Some really unique moments. Some of the quieter, more song-like parts revealed what seemed to be pretty pitchy vocals, but they kind of worked in this context.

I try to do dark, quirky stuff sometimes, but listening to your stuff made me feel awfully boring and conventional by comparison :mad:, so thanks for that!

Good stuff - thanks for sharing.

Back