Lots Of Gear

Blue Dragonfly (an excellent mic)

For those that have just heard about the Blue Dragonfly and have never had the opportunity to use it, or, to be frank, just never heard an unbiased opinion of it (Yeah, professional reviewers really do exist, unfortunately), I will say that in my limited experience, the Dragonfly is by far the nicest sub $1,000 mic I have ever used. I especially love the character it can give to vocals, simply by turning it slightly one way or another. Definitely worth investing in! In fact, I would make an offer on this one, but I own one of these already and just bought a second the other day ;)

Ok, I want to thank those of you who have bid, and I also want to apologize to those of you who have sent me PM's in the past couple of days. I'm crazy behind at work, which means I'm crazy behind on answering your questions. However, for those of you who have asked questions, I think I have either answered them or (for the ones I don't know) I have asked Pete's wife.

I've told her 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday (23rd) we will shut this down and she can decide which offers she's going to accept. However, I'm pretty sure that if she doesn't accept the highest offer on a piece of gear, she will counter with something.

Once we figure out who got what, then I'll give money instructions. I will hold onto funds until you have your gear and verified it to be in working condition.

I actually will be traveling on Monday...I have some business in Houston, but I should be back in Central Texas by Monday night. I'll pass on any information I receive from Kathy, and thank you again for trying to help this nice lady out.

:(

:( sorry guys but something just came up and i now no longer have the funds to fulfill my bid on the dragonfly. Which means I have to pull out of the auction. The highest bidder now is the_luc who has $375 plus $25 shipping. :(

Sorry again :(

I wasn't in the market for another single pattern', but I'm considering stepping up here. :)
Went through some reviews' that seem to tilt to it being at least unique in some respects, so a question please then-- I have KSM32, AT4047, CAD 179's, Octava MK012, (maybe the RE20 goes into this range for comparison?) and it'd be helpful ..in my crash course here :D to know if the Dragonfly brings anything special or useful to the table for acoustic instruments (guitar and others) and voices primarily?

Last edited:
I wasn't in the market for another single pattern', but I'm considering stepping up here. :)
Went through some reviews' that seem to tilt to it being at least unique in some respects, so a question please then-- I have KSM32, AT4047, CAD 179's, Octava MK012, (maybe the RE20 goes into this range for comparison?) and it'd be helpful ..in my crash course here :D to know if the Dragonfly brings anything special or useful to the table for acoustic instruments (guitar and others) and voices primarily?

From what I've seen that's special Mixsit is the ability that once getting the microphone into position you can then tilt the head for either more on or off axis. This can be very helpful in very tight spaces.

OK.. For the cause... I will bid $550 shipped for the KM 184 :)

(Bring it Henry) ;)

WOW you are serious BR ..... let me evaluate the situation here.
Will this be your first Neumann?

Yes it would be my first :) Not exactly my first choice, so I can take it or leave it, but this is for a good cause :)

We can sit here and bid back and forth till the cows come home and I've already got two of these 184s.
I'm not about to deny someone their first Neumann and believe me you are going to love this SDC ..... I'll drop out and let you take the lead here in the bidding for this one BentRabbit. :)

Sorry, I was going to bid but didnt read all the posts, I cant go that much...hope she gets great prices for all though

Yeah, on the Grace... Has anyone heard anything?

Because of the circumstances this will take just a little bit longer than normal I'm sure.

But if no one has bid against you I would say it's yours as long as it is an excepted price and if it's over the 5/8th mark of the price new I'm sure it will be excepted ... plus everyone has agreed to pay the shipping as well.

patience is a virtue!

Back