lots of drywall pieces

Captain Ego

I have a lot of drywall pieces AND fiberglass ceiling panels approx 5/8" thick. cuts and scraps from a remodelling project I was working on. There are an awful lot of these things. I am not planning on building a wall, but I wonder if this materiel has any use jury-rigging something for a room treatment. So far all my room setup has been DIY with materiel on hand, just asking if there is any use for this stuff othen than the building of walls?

edited because I forgot to mention the fiberglass ceiling panels.

Last edited:
I have a lot of drywall pieces. cuts and scraps from a remodelling project I was working on. There are an awful lot of these things. I am not planning on building a wall, but I wonder if this materiel has any use jury-rigging something for a room treatment. So far all my room setup has been DIY with materiel on hand, just asking if there is any use for this stuff othen than the building of walls?

I suppose you could layer pieces on top of pieces to make some sort of diffusers... but you'd want to do something about the edges so they don't continually drop drywall dust. I'd pitch em.

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff. It reminded me that I forgot to add I have a bunch of old fiberglass panels the kind you put on a dropped cieling for a finished basement. IS there any use for these? My area hardly needs diffusers it is only about 12x14" and cluttered with enough wierd angles and stuff piled against the walls as it is, but does the fiberglass in big enough stacks become some kind of a trap or do those need something denser than that?

The fiberglass may have some use but if it's the typical 1" thick with plastic facing on one side I'm not so sure it would do much for you.

lou

Back