Lost

o0Charlie0o

This is the song that i posted the tracks to in the mixing thread to see if people wanted to mix it, which served the purpose of me learning some more things, but anyways:

It's Alternative Metal, i kinda lost my perception in mixing today when it came time for the vocals, so i may have missed many things... But tomorrow's another day!

Once i'm done with the mix, i plan on evening out all the levels and bringing them down so they don't clip, then send it out for mastering (along with 11 other songs)

o0Charlie0o,

I don't think you missed to much man! Very professional ! Then again, it's 2:30AM after a two gig day and my ears will be better in the morning.... hey wait, it is morning.....I'll be back in a minute...............................
What clipping are you talking about ? To my ears it's comfortably hot, so I just looked at it in C.E.P. and ........it was fine!
You may catch some shit on the toms @ 2:26 but it's a matter of taste. They're torqued! ( surf and turf to me )
Compositionally, it's flawless.
Are the other 11 tunes as sweet? Nice work in progress here.

Peace,
Ralph Funaro (flat-9)

You've posted an earlier version of this, I know I've heard it before. This sounds really good. The dirty guitars could be a little more punchy - don't know exactly how you'd achieve that.
And yeah, those toms in the right speaker around 2:26 stand a out a little much. Nice drum sound in general though.
Good stuff!

Thanks!

Well here is a couple flaws you might have missed:

Sometimes when the toms come in, like earlier in the song, you'll notice the cymbal that was hit just before it actually comes up in the mix.

I fixed that in most of the tom hits, but some where hard. But it's being worked on.

And yes, all the 11 other songs are just as sweet :)

Back