Loose Phone's connection On Portastudio 464

Badmongo88

Hi, i have a problem with my 464 portastudio. it's sort of loose, like if there is movement i can lose sound on one side, so i have to fiddle with it to get sound on both sides and if i move a little i lose the sound. i am guessing this is because some issues with soldering or something like that. so was wondering how is the best way to fix this? take it to a professional or is it easy to fix it myself?

Thank you for anyhelp

Should be an easy fix.
Just open it and locate the phones jack.It will probably soldered to a board. It sounds like the solder joint has cracked probably from the plug getting knocked about. Re-flow those joints and you should be good to go.

While you have it open and the jack is exposed it might be a good idea to also check that the metal tabs that contact the plug are making good contact, if left for long periods with the phones plugged in these tabs can loose their springy-ness.

I would also check the headphone's plug on a different device to ensure the problem isn't in that plug itself before I start opening up the 464.

Cheers! :)

Hi so i have finally gotten around to getting my self a soldering iron an was think of trying to fix the phones input. but it's just a a red plastic cover thing that looks like this IMG_20141108_190451.jpg. so how do i go about fixing this? there is a black one that looks just like it for the foot switch. and it noticed that it sits much better. the one in the picture feel a bit loose. moves around very slightly.

Please help

Back