loops

me-crazy-ac

I have got my hands on some drum loops and am thinking of trying them for the first time.

Can anyone offer a short how to run down for sonar?

in the track view there is an icon that looks like a magnifying glass, and that is the "loop explorer", it will open a popup window where you can navigate to point to your CD ROm or wherever you have loops stored. In that window you can preview sounds, and drag and drop loops to whichever track you have selected in the track view. You can then move the loops around depending on the resolution you have selected in the snap-to-grid feature, and just drag at the ends of the loop clip to repeat it as many times as you like. The loops will play at the tempo set in your tempo meter

cstockdale said:
just drag at the ends of the loop clip to repeat it as many times as you like. The loops will play at the tempo set in your tempo meter
This will only work if you have "acidized" loops, or you've made them into a "Groove Clip" (select it and hit Ctrl+L, or rightclick on a clip and select Groove Clip".

:)

If it is a CD of drum loops, they should be in groove clip format. If it doesn't work that way, follow Moskus advice above

all the advice has worked grat, thx so much.

On another note. Any suggestions on how to work the roll loops that come with some drum loops?

And can you suggest any sites etc... for free drum loops?

Back