Loops That Adjust to Project Tempo

Spillenger

I don't use loops much -- usually just for percussion. But I'd like to acquire a nice collection of percussion audio loops (Latin, world, etc.) that I can use in Cubase Studio 4. Not MIDI, but good-quality recorded instruments. I'm not that crazy about what came with Cubase.

My question is deeply newbie. I know that some audio loops adjust to the tempo of the project -- I seem to remember they were called Acid or acidized -- and some just don't. For example, I just downloaded a free sample loop file from Splurgo Audio, and it seemed to be locked into 120 bpm, no matter what the project tempo was.

What should I look for in a percussion audio loop collection to make sure I'm getting the kind that adjusts itself automatically to the project tempo? What are the key words to look for?

Thanks!

Paul

I don't use loops much -- usually just for percussion. But I'd like to acquire a nice collection of percussion audio loops (Latin, world, etc.) that I can use in Cubase Studio 4. Not MIDI, but good-quality recorded instruments. I'm not that crazy about what came with Cubase.

My question is deeply newbie. I know that some audio loops adjust to the tempo of the project -- I seem to remember they were called Acid or acidized -- and some just don't. For example, I just downloaded a free sample loop file from Splurgo Audio, and it seemed to be locked into 120 bpm, no matter what the project tempo was.

What should I look for in a percussion audio loop collection to make sure I'm getting the kind that adjusts itself automatically to the project tempo? What are the key words to look for?

Thanks!

Paul

I would imagine its the software not the loop...acidized just means they were originally made for Sony Acid

read this, I think it explains it for cubase 4

http://www.obedia.com/blog/index.ph...tract-a-loop-and-alter-its-tempo-in-cubase-4/

google is your friend ;)

I usually use REX files. I've got an old copy of Recylcle that I still use. You import the loop, mark out where the hits are (it does it for you but I'll always check it and adjust things a little) and export your wav as a REX file. It doesn't do anything to the actual sound, just triggers the marked off parts of the loop according to the new tempo in Cubase (or anything else). I think Cubase has a similar feature but I still use Recycle beause thats what I'm used to, not because its better.

Back