Loops & Samples

izman

I was windering if using Loops and Samples through the entire song you create is cheating? all you do is to arrange them into your desired song..!!

Maybe you need to ask yourself if all you are doing is "rearranging"......

I was windering if using Loops and Samples through the entire song you create is cheating? all you do is to arrange them into your desired song..!!
What do you think ?
Personally, 'cheating' in music began with Lester Paul and multitracking. You'd have needed a guitar playing octopus or squid to do what he was doing in the early 50s, late 40s even.
With rap/hip hop, one of it's great features was that you didn't need to be a singer or instrumentalist to create songs. Sampling enabled thousands of youngsters with something to say and presence to create. You may love or hate the music but it was creative. It was also quite a while before the issue of real musicians came up. So no, using samples and loops is not cheating, any more than double tracking or overdubbing is cheating.
That said, it's not really my thing to use loops but samples, yeah. They all have their uses and different people have differing degrees of love, acceptability and dislike for them.
I will say this ~ if I had access to every instrumentalist I'd like, I would never even consider any of them.

I'm more interested in how someone can charge 30 quid for 3 hours of recording...?

How's business izman?

I take it Black and Whilte studios is a love thing, not a money thing?

Back