Loop pedals - digitech or boss

normington

Alright, I'm looking at two loop pedals that both seem to be pretty good, and they've both got similar specs, and they're about the same price too.

Digitech Jamman and Boss RC20XL

Anybody got anything to throw in the pot that'll tip the balance either way?
Or any suggestions of other pedals up to that price or lower? The only real requirement is that I want a mic input aswell as an instrument input, and i want a good number of overdubs.

The Jamman has a USB port and CF card too, which as far as I know the Boss doesn't?

Thanks,
Andy

What's the bit rate of each ones recordings?

You'd hope that in a live scenario, and the way these things are priced so similarly, that the difference would be neglible, surely? And more important things would be the build quality features, and ease of use?

Andrew.

I would go with the one with the most accurate tap tempo.

The fellas I know that cloud their chain with looper pedals all use the Boomerang, which I hear is worlds better than the boss.

In other news, I've begun to hate boss. The only pedal I've ever had--and I've had a few--that is still in my chain is their tuner. The rest is overpriced monkey cock IMHO.

Boss (out of the rest) has the best board design ... They're the only pedal I would ever trust... I have owned or built at least 40 different pedals and I continually fall back to the boss designs... Plus being owned by Roland they have, bar none, the best designed digital circuitry... There's always someone who has had trouble with a certain brand, but it's like the guy who bought a Honda and says they suck (not reliable) because they got a lemon... Digitech's digital layout is very similar to the Roland design but they still have a few issues (especially with their switch designs) but it, still, is not a bad pedal, I just don't particularly like their digital algorithms used to create and store their effects... but that's just me...

I would go the Boss...I have played live with both brands and the one that never let me down was the Boss. I have had a very bad experience with digitech (but hey maybe it was just a lemon) My thoughts anyway ;)

Last edited:
I have the Jaman, had for over 2 years. It's a wonderful tool and easy to use once you get used to it. I did have the Boss RC50 and it was to much for my needs.

Back