Looking to buy a new Mic(Options Listed) Advice Please !

daChayce

Im currently working with a MXL v63 and its a cheap mic, I got it for free with the purchase of a studio a desk, but I want to try something to new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxMpYVUfY1M

-Thats a link to how my voice sounds. But I been looking at either
1) AT 4040
2) AKG 420
3) Studio Project C1
4) Shure KSM 27
5) CAD M179
6) MXL V67 or maybe V69

- Im on a $250 budget, maybe $300

Im on like a $250 budget, any advice and opinions of other options are highly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
I have the MXL V67g and it's not a bad vocal microphone for $88. that it cost ....you get a lot of mic for that price.

:cool:

Hell, on your budget, I'd get a good dynamic-Shure SM7b. It works very well for a lot of voices. On your budget, you can get another cheap condenser, or one of the best dynamics on the planet. It's sort of a no-brainer.-Richie

Some good choices mentoined...but for your voice, I'll add the ADK Hamburg.

It will give you the "meat" you need...and can be had for $300. Check eBay.
Get the MKII version.

PS

You recording is overloading on just about everything...can you not hear the clipping distortion?

Pull back on you levels.

Blue's "Bluebird" is a fantastic mic. Pro quality through and through.

$300 new maybe $200 on Ebay if you get lucky. I use it for everything. Even recording distorted guitar amps. I have several mics, but this one outshines them all every time!

Hell, on your budget, I'd get a good dynamic-Shure SM7b. It works very well for a lot of voices. On your budget, you can get another cheap condenser, or one of the best dynamics on the planet. It's sort of a no-brainer.-Richie

Damnit Richie,

I wasn't even in the market for a Mic, but since you posted this I had to shell out for an SM7b.

Got it for $315 shipped on eBay. Probably could have got one cheaper, but I was under the the "Richie Monroe thinks this is awesome" spell, and had to have it right now.

That's what happens when I pop over here to see what's going on.

Bad Influence.

Damnit Richie,

I wasn't even in the market for a Mic, but since you posted this I had to shell out for an SM7b.

Got it for $315 shipped on eBay. Probably could have got one cheaper, but I was under the the "Richie Monroe thinks this is awesome" spell, and had to have it right now.

That's what happens when I pop over here to see what's going on.

Bad Influence.

Well, in most cases, a post like that would pretty well terrorize me. In this case, no worries, mate. If the mic doesn't work out for you (damned unlikely), I guarantee you can sell it in a heartbeat for most of what you paid for it. One piece of advice- Follow the included directions for reversing the armiture so you can stick it on a regular mic stand, and try plugging it into a PA. It absolutely kicks ass as a live vocal mic. Like I said, it's one of the best all-purpose dynamic mics on the planet. What's not to love? Let us know how it works out for you.-Richie

Back