Looking for some helpful feedback .

wizardof7

Hey all just looking for some feedback on the mix of this tune .I use reaper with superior drummer 2 , Hundreds of free plugs . It is original music , But with some say... guest vocalists .lol . My singer is predisposed with other commitments and this project has been put on hold for the moment . Just looking to get some work out of the way before at some point we track vocals . Thanks for your ears .

Attachments

• Pain mashup2.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 31
I was just gonna ad a note to this . The vocals we put there more as a reference . The solos are just filler for the moment . Just looking for some feedback on the mix . Anything seem out of place or needs attention ? I appreciate any feedback Thanks !!

Maybe a bit too much reverb across the whole mix (are you using it as glue?). Good playing and singing! Drums sound real enough, but then the tom fills expose the fact that you're using a vst.
Overall, balance of instrumentation is good.

Cool that was helpful . Yea I guess I love how the verb makes it sound bigger . But I guess I went a little deep .lol However the toms are really the part I am having trouble with . I'm gonna use a waves s-1 imager to try to pull them closer together . I have them bused into the same compression and reverb the snare and kick have but somehow they jump out of the same space that the rest of the mix has. I really appreciate your input .Any tips on how I can get the toms to sound like they belong would be really appreciated . I use lepou amp sims and a nadir cab sim a LOT of eq on the guitars . to get rid of the fizz but get the grit I was after. Just a note the vocals came from several pantera and one Opeth song . Just kinda cut them up to make it fit . lol

Last edited:
Cool thanks again . I have been applying some of these fixes and I appreciate you taking the time to check out !!

Good tight guitar playing. Good energy, especially in the vocal.

Distorted guitars sounded decent, but a little fuzzy. There isn't much chug to them.

Instrument balance is pretty good. I might nudge up the bass a little bit and nudge the guitar down just a bit. But not by much.

Cymbals are pretty hissy. There is a lot of high end in them.

Agree with Trip. A 10k shelf cut (maybe down to 8) on the overheads might yield a bit of relief for your listeners' ears.

Back