Looking for some helpful feedback on drum mix

wizardof7

These are some parts I just kind of put together . The arrangement is temporary . But wanted to bounce this off your ears and see what you thought about the way the drums sit in the mix . I just kinda threw some solos on it . And the ending is just not done yet . But thanks for any advice :)

Attachments

• oldschoolHR.mp3
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
I'm not listening on monitors but the drums seem to sit well in the mix to me. It's probably just my preference but I'd lower the guitars just a hair. Just curious, did you normalize or add a limiter on this mix?

Yeah I rendered a wav file . Then put it back in a " mastering " project it has basic eq , analoger , tape sim , and a barricade limiter . Then render mp3

I ask because there were times that I felt the snare was getting buried and wasn't sure if it was limiting that did it or not. Regardless though, this sounds really good.

Snare is kinda boxy, no? I'd look at dropping that 500hz and lifting the top a bit, rolling off somewhere down low too. The whole thing is lacking clarity and seems a little washed out. Does everything have proper HPF's? Great playing and arrangements.

I will have to look at the buses . My monitors are kinda small . They don't handle the low end very well . I'll check that out and post another rendition . Thanks !!

Back