looking for some advice on this song.

minofifa

hey fellas, it's been a while since i have posted anything.

anywho, i've had these tracks lying around for a while but i wanted to add some more stuff via reason. My equipment is lacking in some areas so i had a tough time editing / mixing. any advice on this song would be much appreciated. Personally, i think the bass might be too loud but i can't tell since my speakers are simple computer 2.1 system (100 dollar creatives yes!). The bass and drums are done though reason but the vocals and guitars are recorded in sonar.

Thanks guys.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=2501009&q=Hi
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=2501009
the song is called jinx (for no reason whatsoever).

Nice guitar tone. Bass does seem to drown it out a bit. Drums may be a bit loud also. Good tune overall, just needs a bit of tweaking. Good job.
Ed

Sounds good with the exception of the drums. They sound programmed. I know it's a bitch and I'm struggling with getting a realistic drum sound via software also. It's a good tune and nice playing and singing.

They dont neccessarily sound programmed, but the snare sounds like a really hollow cheap..well snare. What was the mic you used for it?

Thats the only thing i could actually pick out which i didnt like. I like the bass quite loud in the mix, think it gives it a nice feel.

Good track man :)

First, I just thought I'd point out that you've got "multisyled" written on your bio page at soundclick instead of "multistyled" :)

Nice poppy tune.

There is a slight tuning issue on the acoustic; it's a little out of tune. Plus the acoustic is rushing quite a bit throughout the song (most noticably on the intro), which kind of gives it an uneasy feel to me.

Other than that, I think it sounds pretty good. A little pitchy here and there on the vox, but nothing too bad.

Good job.

Hi

I like the song. Could work on the snare sound (maybe add some reverb ?) and on the stereo image of the guitars (maybe more volume or less panning on the guitar on the right). Fantastic vocals, better than most vocals we hear on radio.

/Jack Real.

Back