Looking for new monitors. KRK RP 6 / 8 any good?

toka

Hey!

I have now a pair of old Tannoy Reveal Active studio monitors. The main reason for me to buy a pair of new monitors is that they lack the low end and the bass.

I produce house and club music and in the price range 500-600 USD are the bass response on the KRK RP 8 fair for this price?

I need all tips i can get of monitors in the 500-600 USD price range which have a good low end and bass response.

What do you think of these models and are there any other studio monitors which are equal in quality as the KR RP 6 / RP 8 which you can tips of?

See my post about a nice deal in this same forum.

Also, 8's are always better for low end...well most of the time.

Last edited:
Krk's are decent

KRK does a nice job for the price - and yes there is a big difference between the 6" and 8" models. Get the 8's for more bass.
Take a look at the the Blue Sky EXO systems - they also do a good job in that price range.

KRK 6 will have more upper mid, in theory, lighter bass.
smaller the speaker the faster the cone can move,..i think of it like, a smaller speaker has the lower end removed which can allow the vocals, or higher mids to be heard easier.

KRK 8, larger the speaker the more air it can move= bass, but can't move quite as fast. so less upper freq's.The larger cone is sharing its total workload with bass, appearing to have less vocals sometimes.

in general theory this is, of course a well built speaker (or poorly crap built speaker) can add other factors. but your talking KRK 6 or KRK 8 so both are well built.

if you add a subwoofer, crossover around 80-100hz and all that lowend is Mono if you didn't know. this one finally clicked with me, reading some posts here.
I'd always heard some articles saying bass is true stereo and other articles saying bass is mono....both are correct in away, depending on the bass freq they refer to in the article. some would say 300hz is bass, so this would be able to be located in either left or to the right/ stereo.....20hz to 80hz~~ the sound can't be located.

good luck... sounds like you want more bass so KRK 8 would seem to be a better choice for you.

I have the RP-6 and they have a very nice bass response. My mixes translate well. And they are really sweet sounding.

Back