Looking For Meter Bridges

Sonic Rat

GeetarMan
Have a Fostex M 80...and of course the meter led's are mostly non functional......(typical) so I'm looking for a couple tascam or similar bridges.....Ebay has squat.....any help would be greatly appreciated......

Sonic Rat said:
Have a Fostex M 80...and of course the meter led's are mostly non functional......(typical) so I'm looking for a couple tascam or similar bridges.....Ebay has squat.....any help would be greatly appreciated......

Why not just replace the LEDs? It would probably be a lot cheaper. What kind of LEDs are they? Singles or LED bargraph parts (several LEDs in a single package)?

Hey dgatwood............I havent had it apart yet,but I believe it may be you have to replace the whole led display....they will all work sometimes,and there are dropouts at others.......When I got this unit I was looking for the one with the regular meters because I had heard that the led's were problematic,but the price was right so I got it........

Sonic Rat said:
Hey dgatwood............I havent had it apart yet,but I believe it may be you have to replace the whole led display....they will all work sometimes,and there are dropouts at others.......When I got this unit I was looking for the one with the regular meters because I had heard that the led's were problematic,but the price was right so I got it........

If they're singles, it's easy. If they're ganged, you'd have to find a bargraph with the right color combination, assuming you care. Either way, if you can find a part number, there are enough folks on the board who do electronics stuff that we could probably help you track down the part (or at least something really close).

BTW, analog meter bridges aren't a walk in the park, either. The bulbs in those things have a tendency to blow frequently, and if you subject them to an impact, you can throw the calibration off pretty badly. I would lean towards an LED-based meter. Frankly, it's odd that the LEDs would have problems. Normally, LEDs last pretty much forever unless the circuit is designed wrong and subjects them to excessive voltage or current, causing a thermal failure.

Also, on many LED Ladders in Fostex equipment, check them for those notorious cracked solder joints. LED's are hard to kill and cracked joints will probably be what you find :)

Back