Looking for labels who are accepting material

The new quarter to coming up in January. So, right now there is nothing going on in terms of new artists and projects. Also, you have to go directly to an A&R or contact as they get packages everyday and don't open most of them...

are thier any out there right know ?

Depending on the label you're trying to get signed with, I personally think you have a better chance creating a buzz around yourself and letting the label find you, than going to the label and waiting...and waiting. At least that's what I'm doing.

The new quarter to coming up in January. So, right now there is nothing going on in terms of new artists and projects. Also, you have to go directly to an A&R or contact as they get packages everyday and don't open most of them...

damn right.

do you have a buzz in your area? Theres a 1 in a million shot that any label, indie or major, is going to pick you up having not done anything yourself. (playing shows, selling albums, making new material etc...).

ok - so what constitutes a "buzz" - i mean what factors are present when u know u have or are generating a "good" buzz . . . i dont ask to be a smart azz - but for real - a buzz is harder than most ppl think -

how many "shows" do u have to be putting on to be considered having a buzz
how many cds do u have to have sold on the street
how many cds sold in the local music store
which is more important? street sales or store sales?
is radio even a part of it?

a little insight for you Gully..

Its really not about how many shows you have to do its about getting ask to do the shows cause you rocked the crowd when you were there before or they heard you rocked the crowd

Street sells don't really factor in anymore, cause people can lie about those numbers. Plus their mostly at a price that you are selling just to get your product into your customers hand..on the other had, if you keep good records everytime you gotta get more copies made..it still might work..

This is where I feel you need to be.. your project will be barcoded and easy for the labels to track your sells (if the local mom and pop stores report their numbers to soundscan) ..so if you tell the label rep that you pushed over 75,000 units they have a way to verify..

its depends.. its all money to you..:D

radio can play a part as it will introduce others to your music..Im sure you have heard some songs on the radio and you have been like how...and a week later you catch yourself singing the song ..LOL

it works..

I guess it really depends of what that artist is happy with really..so if are happy doin the mixtapes then thats what you will do..but if you want that national attention.. you need be sellin in the stores and doing shows...

Back