Looking for help...

justharold

Does anyone know of any online tutorials (or the like) that might help me bone up on my newly acquired Roland XV3080? I am oh so new to this module/midi thing, so I can use whatever help I can get.

The manual is still a bit over my head, unfortunately... :(

I've worked with a whole bunch of Roland synths and modules over the years and some the manuals are over MY head...

If you can post some specific questions, like how to get different instruments going on sperate midi channels or how to route the internal effects, please do so and I or someone else here will do our best to answer.

You don't say how far you've dived into this midi thing, but here are links to two good articles on midi basics - part one and part two. They may be a little too basic for you, but everyone can use a refresher course now and then...

Thank you for the replies, gentlemen.

ssscientist, I have not dug into this midi thing very far at all. In fact, it is still quite foreign to me (so I do appreciate the links). Right now, the extent of my use with the module is to simply add accents (orchestration, etc.) to recorded songs.

As far as specific questions, right now I do not have any. However, I'm sure I will...so I really appreciate the offer.

Back