Looking for Freeware CD Burner that does CD text

Drummerbones

I own Nero Home Essentials legit which includes the Nero CD burner and this program has gone bat $hit crzy on me and just crashes. Is there just a solid, freeware cd burning software out there that also does CD-text? Not the full redbook special, just the artist, song name etc. Thanks

If it's not to spec in the first place, CD-TEXT data isn't going to matter much.

I don't know of a freeware PQ editor in the first place. Not saying there isn't one out there - But if there is, I'm not aware of it.

Whoops - There I go ending a sentence in a preposition again...

But if there is, it's something of which I'm not aware. There. That's better. :D

ANYWAY - 90% of players out there (including most computer audio programs) don't read CD-TEXT data anyway.

Understood, but currently if read in a car stereo my tracks aren't reading the way I'd like. That's my only real concern. It's not like I'm with an indie label and anyone is actually going to buy this thing...I'm aiming for double aluminum this time!! But nonetheless, I'd like the artist and track info to be correct...guess I'll have to try and get Nero to pull its preverbial head out of its ass. Thanks

Unfortunately I may have to resort to that...On another note, I also own Sound Forge though I've only used it as an editor. Does it have the capability to burn disc and "encode" CD text?

Moresound,

Is tag tools a software I'm not aware of, or an application of a program? Never heard of it...tell me more.

Southside, I thought you were an audio guy not a comedian!? ;) I did google it and came up with a ton of crap and was wondering if there was something specific I could be pointed to that he was referencing mostly because I'd have to assume most of us utilize wav files and all the independant info I gathered pointed to MP3's. So let's rephrase. Any tag tools software that works for wav files?...I think I found a few but I don't want to start downloading crap hoping it works. :D

Big surprise...I downloaded crap that did not work! The software was supposed to support wav files but unless I'm rearranging my mp3 collection it's useless...damn nero software piece of crashing *bleep*....the frustration continues. Seriously, how hard should it be to rename my files and burn a disc. I'm retiring after this album. :rolleyes:

Back