Looking for feedback.

Aeonreflux

I've been told by my dad and sister that I'm "tone deaf." So I've never really sang in front of people because of my embarrassment. I started singing in my worship team last year and I'm finally getting over my nerves.
So... Do I have ANY business singing in public? Or am I that person in American idol where you're screaming at the TV, "CAN'T YOU HEAR YOURSELF??

https://youtu.be/05KC6Nv3v-E

This is in the post office after it closed... It's the only place I can get to alone and has a nice acoustic sound :P
Thanks for listening!

You are off pitch quite a bit. Are you listening to the music while you sing to get a reference of the notes? It would be better to hear this with a backing music track but I get the jist of it. You may be tone deaf or maybe you just need a music track to guide you better.

Well thank you for your honesty :)
I'm not listening to anything while I'm singing. Just standing in the post office lobby singing into my phone. Lol

Ok - acapella is not your thing. You don't have a strong enough ear to stay in key just yet with a song like this. I'll bet you can do Happy Birthday acapella ok because that is a simple song (no insult intended). Do yourself a favor and sing along with the music (just the music not the vocals) so you have a reference to sing with. I can't sing acapella worth beans, I need music to guide me.
Oh and you have a good tone so build up your pitch and you'll be good to go.

Youtube

One thing to remember - sing songs that are within your vocal range (if you can't hit the notes then choose a different song).
Focus on "easy" songs in your range. Then after your voice is stronger you can work on increasing your range to hit higher notes (this could take a long time). With me I've never increased vocal range - I'm stuck where i am :)

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ljQ13TbyM

Convert it to MP3:
YouTube to mp3 Converter

MP3

Attachments

• Mary, did You Know- - Piano Instrumental Karaoke Track (Cherish Tuttle Vocal Studio).mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Listen guy it is as simple as this. Take your phone, play a song you like, sing along with the song while recording it on your phone. Listen to the playback of your voice and the singer of the song, Continue to do this until you cannot hear any pitch difference between you and the singer on the song. It doesnt happen overnight, you either have a gift of singing, or you have to practice and work at it. Just keep singing over and over again. Eventually you will either get better, or you will know where you stand.

I can see the potential, I can't say it's perfect in tune, but in my opinion you have a good voice.. All you need to do is what this guys already told you, just sing with some song in the background.. just put the name of the song in youtube and write karaoke :D

I'm certainly no expert...but, I did take a couple of lessons that helped me at least improve where I could. I did not realize a year or so ago just how hard singing can be;however, with work, I think anyone can improve. Don't give up!

Back