looking for beats

Mo-Kay

Dragon Soul Productions
what the deal fam?

I'm trying to do searches and everything...but it's like the woods up in here...haha.

this is the thing: my homegirl, Dutch (I know her space says San Antonio, that's for networking purposes) MC Jav'lin is working on her album, and since I'm with her in this thing... I'm looking for beats for her...

her myspace

note that this isn't her most recent shit...and also note this woman has something to say ;)

The "walk with me" song is gonna be a video and everything, so that's a good song to go by....

as for beats, I'm NOT looking for synth-based stuff (kinda, yeah, like the ones on her page), but maybe more sample-ish, soulful, jazzy, whatever you wanna call it type shit.

Anyway fam, throw sum'n at me!

Holla back

Mo-Kay

sorry don't sample..so I guess that counts me out...

my question to you, Is this a paying project for the Beatmakers/ Composers/Producers ?

or you just want free beats for her album to sell..

dont get me wrong..I have given free tracks..but for me the just a free copy of the work..when its goin to be released to the public...

http://www.soundclick.com/bossrecordings

nah man, non-sampling producers are not left out...but you know the difference between different non-sampled beats man...it's about flavor dude.

And as for prices, I think a deal like you suggested is prolly what I'm looking for... she's one on the come-up, know what I mean so she ain't got much dough to spend...

And now people don't come down on me for any shit, cause I produce myself and can relate to the hustle.... that's not what this is about.

Anyway, people with dope shit, get at me!

well i cant view myspace site from work..and dont even bother when im home..post something we can listen to..

im always lookin to get a placement here and there..as long as their is talent..

I know I do it like this somethimes:
1 supply a track after we have talked about if they can pay or noy
2 if they cant pay, they get the beat as long as i get copies of the completed project(25-30 depending on how much they selling for), credit for the work, and publishing

like you said its a business and I know most of it dont do it for free without some compensation..

so if its anything i have that you can use ..hit me up..

yo cell wut kinda board is that u holdin in that pic on your myspace page? i forgot the name of it but i been lookin at that 1 and the axiom 61 and i think i'mma go wit the axiom but since u already got that one wut is your review on it?

I think it's just easier to control the synth right on the board that way when u turn the knobs and move the faders you can be hitting keys and stay in the mode without havin to interrupt it by having to use the mouse to click u know? but i just copped the axiom 61 key today and it should get here during the week prolly by wed. or thurs. idk about the radiom but the axiom had me sold cuz it has mad presets and you choose a number and it has a preset for the program like reason for example.....set it to the number for reason and you can control the knobs on the combinator with the knobs on the board, and the knobs on the board are infinite knobs meaning they just keep turning so your not limited like on the padkontrol (only other thing i had with knobs to compare it to)

i feel you. i don't even use my knobs or faders to control my programs. that's just me. but let me know how the new board works out for you when it arrives.

Back