looking for another mic of course...

TragikRemix

I am NOT a Gear Whore. ;)
heres another thread about looking for a mic.

i recorded an acoustic song yesterday, of my own, and it came out good. i put some bass and drums to it, and i'm in love with the song.

then i tried to sing the vocals.

i dont know what happened, but it didn't sound right at all. sounds much higher than i know my voice is, like the low end didnt carry out at all. i added some eq to boost the lows, and it didnt get any better.

now that i think about it, maybe i had the LPF on hehe.

anyway, it's an excuse to buy a new mic! of course ill have to go try some out, but what can anyway recommend, for a kinda dark mic, with some 'depth' to it. i used an MK319, and it's alright.

maybe a suggestion of a mic and pre combo, maybe less than a grand for both, or less than $600 for a mic? i would like to get a used vintech x73i possibly. mics, i dont even know what i want to go try out, and i'm not letting some rep sell me on somthin.

thanks guys.

If you own that MK 319, read through and consider the available Joly mods:

http://www.oktavamod.com/

I got one of mine modded (floating dome, PE), and it makes people who can sing sound good (and has the advantage of having really low self noise). It almost makes me sound tolerable, and that's a huge feat, because my voice sound awful. I still have an unmodded 319 that sounds thin and brittle in comparison.

hmmm.. thanks for the ideas guys.

ribbon? maybe .. i gotta check it out.

i want to sound tolerable too :)

Back