looking for album art! need an artist who can do comic book type stuff

jrlemonz

my band is looking for some art to put on the cover of our upcoming cd. we want something cartoony, possibly japani-mai type cartoon, or just comic book type cartoon. the cd is called "songs about girls that suck". our idea for the art would be a girl ripping the heart out of a guy while hes screaming in pain. if anyone is good at this stuff and can do a rough sketch (i'm a landscape painter and graphic designer, its what i go to school for, so i can do touchups and finalize a sketch, just can't draw cartoons from scratch, i suck at proportions) that would be SO rad, you'll get props on the album liners and everything, but we can't pay you. anyone, anyone?

if no one can, anyone know a board that cartoonists hang out at?

jake

I know a guy who actually does comics for a living; Green Lantern, Batman, etc. He did the IndieBiz.com ad if you've ever seen it. If you have the 2002 Musicians Atlas, it's in there. Anyway, he loves working with musicians, but there is no way he'll do it for free. Let me know if you get a budget and I'll get you in touch with him.

A student may be your best bet. A lot of those guys will work for free (or close) just to get their product out.

dave @ kathode ray

Why don't you contact the art department at your local high school or art college???? You'll probably find someone that'll blow your socks off and they'll be happy to get their first resume credit and some copies of your CD.

Jason...the go to guy!

My son, Jason...is a member of who's who in caricature art, and has his own two page bi-monthly cartoon strip in an international magazine out of Chicago.

Further, he has played himself in bands, and last year was a guitarist in a band that was up for an award in the Grammys. He has designed their own band covers, and has designed for other bands as well. He is quite talented, and can produce a cover with a cartoon style look similar to the Mad comics, or more cartoony. At any rate, here is his email....and you can discuss this with him. Have him show you a sample or two of his work. He is a professional artist, so...with that he doesn't do this stuff for little to nothing. IF you want the job done, done right....he's your go to guy!

I should mention that he is designing my next blues/folk cover in a caricature.

Jason- jseiler@jpusa.org

Bloozguy

Back