Looking for affordable soundcard and software for recording live at church

eclips1

Hello, I am wondering what are some good affordable options for a church to record, edit, and bounce 2 mixes of weekly sermons (and sometimes music). Looking to run this on a PC laptop which we will get based on what our system requirements are. We willl be mixing live on a mixing board and running sound in from the mixing board outputs 1 channel, or stereo, but no need for multipule ins and outs. Just something simple.

I currently use protools myself, leaning towards advising getting an mbox, but looking for something more affordable to consider. Any advise on options would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
J

If you want to go the FREE route (everyone loves free!), just get a dual-RCA Male to Stereo Mini Headphone Plug cable (the kind that used to always come with portable CD players). Connect the RCA plugs to the Tape/2-Track Outputs on your mixing board and the mini plug to the stereo Line In on the computer.

For the software, you could use another freebie, like Audacity (what they use at our church to do this exact thing), Kristal Audio Engine (the old free version of Presonus Studio One), or Samplitude 11 Silver (which I highly recommend):

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/newbies/samplitude-11-opinions-317733/

Back