Looking for advice

instatic

Hi, everyone, I'm mostly looking for advice not on the mixing recording side of things, but the musical style and developing my music itself. I thought this place seemed the most relevant to do this. What do you think of these songs? They're some of my first recordings along with a few others and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to develop the style and what to change or keep for my next set of recordings. I've got a few ideas brewing for my next set of songs, but I would love to hear any input on what people like/dislike, so don't be shy!

Last edited:
At times I could imaging Morrisey singing the first one. The songs are quite original. I like the little stops and changes, and the atmospheric break around 3:50 and into that end section which is different again on the first track. It breaks away from the usual verse, chorus thing.

Second one vocals have hints of Syd Barrat. I don't think you should change anything really. They laid back vocals worked, that sort of bored englishness. Very good.

Not much I can think of changing. A few things like maybe a shorter intro or less solo, but your songs are yours! It reminds me pop/jazz/avant-garde. I really dig it! Keep it up, and don't let people tell your otherwise.

Hey, thanks I really appreciate that. I've heard the songs so many times now I can't actually tell what they're like anymore if you know what I mean, so it feels good to have some positive feedback!

Back