Looking for advice on a new recorder

Bored To Tears

hello,
I want to record my pracice sessions and My band Jams. I would like to get a digital recorder, that way I can send my riffs and stuff to my band mates through email.
I see that Fostex makes a digi 4 track for $300. It it any good or should I save and get something better?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

You can send riffs through your computer by using the analog in to record on your soundcard at any rate. If you can find a digital recorder for $300, I say go for it. Much better than any kind of cassette based system. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.. and they will...

jmproductions said:
Much better than any kind of cassette based system. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.. and they will...

"yo... right here!" :D

For $300, I'd go for a tascam 424, but you knew I was going to say that. Actually though, if mailing your ideas to bandmates will be a big part of it, you should probably think about recording directly to your computer.

I'd save alittle more and think of getting a used digital recorder...

But think first what you'll need: wanna record the band, too? Then two ins will prolly NOT be enough.

Have a look at ebay how much the used stuff will cost...

aXel

I had a 414mkii at one point and hated it. I couldnt figure it out so I sold it. This may sound stupid but I couldnt figure out the mix down process. I would record a few riffs and they would come out slowed down. I posted here a few times asking about this and got replies telling me I had to mix it down. So I figured if I have to go throught all the HASSLE of mixing one guitar with its self whats the point? so I sold it and bought an XBOX :) Anyway, If I get a digi recorder will I have hvwe to worry about it being slowed down like that? Thanks again.

Back