Looking for a studio tuner...

JKestle

A while few weeks back I was in a music store in Toronto (L&M's).

In their acoustic guitar room, they had a guitar tuner on the wall, it looked like a picture in a 1.5' by 2' frame.

You could tune from anywhere in the room, no plugging in.

I can not for the life of me find anything like it.

Does anyone know what I am trying to describe and if so, does anyone know where to get one?

Its a flat, wall mountable (like a picture), chromatic acoustic tuner.

no, not quite.

It was kind of a "novetly" item as it had the brand name of an acoustic guitar manufacturer on it.

It looked like a mirror, until you hit a sting on a guitar and saw the metter light up! Very larger red LED's in the rackmount "rainbow" shape.

It looks like a promotional pruduct, like neon budwiser signs in a bar.

It just looked really cool, I doubt it could used for tuning during a recording session. But for easy access and general reference it would it be pretty cool to have.

I figure someone must have seen something like this before...Mabey it was one of a kind.

I used to work in a music store. We had a Korg one like that. Korg sent it to us to put on the wall cause we were Korg dealers. We had to pay for it, though. It was expensive- it had one of their nice rackmount tuners in it.
It didn't work for shit in a loud music store, but looked cool.

If you are looking for a great tuner, get one of the Peterson Virtual Strobe Tuners. They work great.

Back