looking for a sound card for 16 I/O..for pc

frequency_

hello i m looking for a soundcard for my pc, i guess PCI, so far the set up goes like this:
midas venice240---digi 192 I/O---sound card???---pc.
i need to be able to record up to 16 tracks at the same time.
i havent got the digi 192 yet....i m not sure how much i can afford to spend yet, but i m looking for a good quality card, something to fit the rest of the equipment....any help will be apreciated, thanks

Your Digitech 192 I/O IS a Sound Card....If you need more inputs why not get another Digi 192 and slave them together for more inputs/Outputs..??

What type of Output does the Digi 192 have?? You should be picking your interface depending on what type of output it has...If it has adat outputs then you need a card with adat inputs ect....

let us know and we can help you more or just Post a Link to the one you have becasue I couldn"t find what you have on line....

:rolleyes:

OK...You don"t need a "Sound Card" or interface what you need is a card that has an ADAT Input and/or TDIF and/or AES/EBU Input and S/PDIF ....

For the most Inputs I would get a card with ADAT so you can use 16 Channels...

This Unit also has 8 analogue outputs you can use with a soundcard/Interface but this sort of defeates the whole purpose of spending a LOT of money of a A/D Converter...

Maybe you should read up on the Digi 192 before you Fork over That much money so you know if this is something you really need or want for what you want to do ,Because you should really understand the Ins and outs of the Unit for you commit to buying and since you are asking these questions It seems that you haven"t done your research ......

Good luck

Back