Looking for a relatively cheap Audio Interface

Hey I use a Mackie ProFX mixer with effects for my interfacer and I have an awesome record session every time don't use teh Alesis MULTIMX 8 USB MIXE IT IS NOSI ALL THE WAY MAN see ya.
Ktrax Studios Shawnee Oklahoma 24 yearts in the studio here and in Nashville .
Phil ZM

Bit of a sum up if I may?

I would avoid Firewire. Might not be around much longer ('twas always rare in UK anyway) and unless the PC has a Texas Instrument FW chipset, trouble. Usb is now on a par with Fussywire unless you need a zillion ins and outs (and even then top blokes like RME make it work fine!).

I have also read good things about the Tascam 1800 and the Roland QC.

If cost is really an issue you will not go wrong with an M-Audio Fast track pro. I have one and it runs on anything from an HP 850mHz (yes, megs!) lappy with1/2 G of ram and xp, to my HP i3 laptop and W7/64. You will need a capacitor mic for anything but belting vocals or a loudish guitar cab.

But the best AI extant at the £200 point for me is the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. Two mic/line/instr' ins and two more line ins +MIDI+SPDIF.

Re hubs and AIs. Yes, most don't like them but surely no computer cabable of running an AI is going to have fewer than TWO ports! Almost any other usb device will run on a hub, especially if you give it power.

Dave.

I have just ordered a Tascam US-600 which looks like a good piece of gear... There is also the US-800 etc... Would recommend you to take a look!

Harry.

Back