Looking for a new amp.....

cubanorocker316

hello all, I'm looking for a new amp, it'll be used for gigging, so it has to be loud enough. I dont care if it's a combo or just a head. my budget is around 300-700. I want a really metal distortion sound. Yet punchy, and bassy at the same time. reply with any suggestions, thanks

- Lou

If you are going to be gigging regularly, then you MUST consider build quality.....and that automatically rules out the Vox AD amps... (sorry Dogman :( )

Randall RH200 head.

200 watts - solid-state - crazy loud and 'metal' sounding.

I have one. Wanna buy it? :p

jonnyc said:
AHHHHHHH, come on now. Stop pushing your evil ways upon the masses. I guess the AVT could do the solidstate metal sound.

Hey, we alreay had this fight...and I owned you! :D Nah honestly, the randall is probably a better bet.

i have to disagree with soundchaser59, i have a vox ad50vt, ive been gigging with it for over a year and its been flawless, it has held up against plenty of knocks and bangs that every amp goes through in its life time...

a friend who heard my amp bought the ad100vth he gigs at least three nights a week and hes had no problems either...

ive had marshall and fender amps in the past and i have a kustom amp that i dont bother with, value for money i dont think the vox can be beaten

Back