Looking for a mixer

formant74

so.., what's going on?
Ok, I'm looking for a good USB mixer that can actually multi-track onto the computer that has at least 24 dedicated tracks with actual inputs for under $1500. All I have found are a bunch of USB mixers that when it goes tot he computer end up recording as a stereo track with no multi track capabilities.
Anyone know of one out there?

I don't think you'll find anything like that with USB - firewire maybe.

Are you sure you want a mixer? Getting a few interfaces and chaining them together would probably be more affordable.

The closest thing to what you describe I can think of at the moment is a Tascam DM4800 with a firewire card...
http://www.tascam.com/products/dm-4800.html

Not really in your budget though. You're asking for quite a lot there.

This one looks good. I don't know too much about fire-wire. I know I have it on my computer but isn't there different kinds? I guess I will have to research it up a little more. Thanks for the help. Like I said, this one looks good and has pretty much everything I need.

Phonic Helix Board 24 FireWire MKII 24-Channel Mixer

zzounds.com/item--PHOH24FWMKII

Here we go. 24 Inputs, only 18 tracks streaming to pc though, and 2 return for monitoring. Only for 600$ + taxes.

Thats a fantastic mixer specially for the price

And the only differences in firewire is there is 6 pin and 4 pin but thats no problem im sure the output of the mixer is 6 pin and if you have a 4 pin input then buy a cable that is a 6 to 4 pin firewire.

Yeah, I tried to research up about firewire but it didn't give me specifics. I know I have it on my computer, just don't know what kind it is, 4 pin or 6. Does the symbol next to it give any indication about pins?

Sweet, thanks. So now I know I have 4 pin connection on my computer.
Anyone know if that will effect the bit rate exchange?

Back