Looking at new HiHats and Crash

Drummer4Life05

Say Something Smart!
Hey everyone.
I'm looking to upgrade my Hi-Hats to a pair of A Zildjian New Beats (14"). I play mostly rock, pop, and I play in a local jazz band which plays really old jazz tunes, old "pop" tunes, and some old rock tunes.
I want some hats that are not too bright, but not dark enough to be strictly jazz hats. I think the New Beats do this pretty well. They are not brilliant in finish, so they're not too bright.
And for the crash, I'm looking at a Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash (16"). I already have a 15" A Custom Crash, and I love the way the 16" Projection Crash sounds.

Does anyone own any of these cymbals? How do you like them? What kind of music do you use them for?

Thanks for your input.
-Justin

P.S. Where do you think I could find the best prices for all of these? I was hoping to get the Hi-Hats, Crash Cymbal and Boom stand for around $350. It looks like eBay is my best bet right now. Any suggestions on retailers?

Avedis

I love new beats(the old series is better I think).
I have been trying to match my crashes two 16" one 18"
rock crashes.I guess the A customs sound good on jazz
but can get destroyed by heavy drummers for Rock.

i have a pair of the canadian made newbeats (pretty rare). anyway the top hat has cracked (i've had them for ten years and bought them secondhand) and i can't think of any other hi-hats i would want to replace them with... i go through phases and throw on my hh leopard hat, but no matter what style of music you play the newbeats always fit.

Back