Lookign for small window for control room.

xmortumx

Does anybody know where i can buy a small window for my control room.. I know it has to be a sound proof window, so any ideas of where one can get a hold of a cheap window?

I know it has to be a sound proof window
There is NO such animal. SOUNDPROOF does not exist. Only degrees of TRANSMISSION LOSS RATED ASSEMBLIES. If this so called "soundproof window" was rated to prevent the sound from the SPACE SHUTTLE launch pad from entering the control room at 200 feet away, and you inserted it into a STANDARD residential wall........well, you would have wasted your hard earned $$$$.:)

Its called WEAK LINK SYNDROME. Whats the point of installing a window with a TL rating HIGHER than the rating of a STANDARD residential wall........think about it. If sound can transmitt through your wall easier than it can the glass, well......I think you get my drift. In otherwords.....the window TL is only
as good as the wall assembly (TL) that supports it.

If this is a standard residential wall(common stud frame with 1/2" drywall on both faces) then simply frame for a piece of 1/4" glass and be done with it.
fitZ

Back