Look what the cat dragged in :-)

gotta check the chasis codes - but given the aluminum frame around the front - it sould either be a 68 or 69 ....

... damn - as old as I am :eek:

well.... true to my motto "the dumbest farmer has the biggest potatoes" :D ... - it also looks like it is a *very early* transition model, with the original (and highly desirable) Blackface circuit!

so its a blackface in a silverface dress ... and to top things off - I even managed to get the reverb to work

hmmm ... :cool:

alfred

(I'm happy !)

AlfredB said:
well.... true to my motto "the dumbest farmer has the biggest potatoes" :D ... - it also looks like it is a *very early* transition model, with the original (and highly desirable) Blackface circuit!

so its a blackface in a silverface dress ... and to top things off - I even managed to get the reverb to work

Are you sure? I have a very early ('68) silverface Super Reverb, and Fender had already changed the -42V power tube biasing circuit and a couple of other things away from the AB763 (blackface) specs. It wasn't that hard to switch it all back, though. Anyway, according to what I can see on the web, the silverface cosmetic change coincided with the change from the AB763 to AB868 circuit.

I have a '65 Deluxe Reverb, and it is most likely the last amp I will ever need. Congratulations!

You got the reverb to work? Awesome! I am in the Navy and stationed in Manama, Bahrain. Right before I left I found (and purchased) a Tweed Fender 75 (1976) and could not get the reverb to work to save my life. I left about two monthes later. Since I have been here I have had no one to take it to and figured I would get it repaired in a few years when I get out of the Service. Congrats man.

ggunn said:
Are you sure? I have a very early ('68) silverface Super Reverb, and Fender had already changed the -42V power tube biasing circuit and a couple of other things away from the AB763 (blackface) specs. It wasn't that hard to switch it all back, though. Anyway, according to what I can see on the web, the silverface cosmetic change coincided with the change from the AB763 to AB868 circuit.

I have a '65 Deluxe Reverb, and it is most likely the last amp I will ever need. Congratulations!

I am not 100% sure - havent pulled the board - (and if I would - I couldnt tell either ... I am dumb as dirt ... heheheh :D )

- but the tube-chart mentions the AB763 circuit ... so I'm thinking this circuit is actually in there ... (could be wrong - fender has screwed up before!)

btw... whats the chasis number of your's? mine is something like A26191

thx
alfred

ps: is there an easy way to tell for a non-electronic guy which circuit is in there?

looks exactly like my 1968 super reverbs front panel. I scored the super for 300.00 from the owner of Spector Bass Guitars, Stewart Spector, he kinda owed me a favor.

Hey! Didn't you just ask a question about Spectors? If I just participated in some marketing research, I want a Spector Tee Shirt!
:p :D

Back