Look what I made!

Just some woodworking? I've looked at your guitars and they look amazing!!!!!
(drools on keyboard)
If I could convince my wife/mortgage company to let me skip a couple of mortgage payments, I might have to snatch one of them up!
:)

John Mayes said:
I can do some woodworking...so I made this!

rack and computer iso box

close up on rack

I might be tempted to make more..contact me if your interested.

John Mayes

VERY nice!

nice work john!

i've been contemplating making my own version of one of those slant-back racks and without having one to use as a template, it's a little challenging for me (an intermediate level woodworker)....

...i think i've got the side dimensions figured out, but i'd like to know what the width of the top piece of your rack was. around 19.25 inches or so?

looks like oak to me....i was thinking of using mdf with maybe a veneer of some sort to make it look pretty.....figured solid woods are a little out of my price range at this point, although who wouldn't like to have a nice solid mahogany or claro walnut rack? ;-)

thanks,
wade

Wade,

you'll want the inside open width to be 19" plus .150-.250 (it depends on your metal rack ears your mounting) which if you screw your top peice inside the outer two wings then that would make it 19.250 but if you put the top peice above the other two peices that would make it 20.750 to compensate for the thickness of the plywood.

I bought the door which was $25 at home depot, but other than that I made it all out of oak plywood and solid oak trim. The whole thing cost me less than $100....but did take me a few hours.

Yeah like I said I have not got the fans in yet but I have some stealth fans (supposed to be almost dead quiet) and will put two as intake and two as exaust to keep fresh air moving through...really not much to it...

Back