Look how easy it is!

Bobbsy

Boring Old Git
We watched the film "Begin Again" last night.

If you haven't seen it, you really should. It'll show you how easy it is to record a hit album using just a couple of mics and a laptop. I must say, the acoustics on the rooftop are quite outstanding! And why bother with a mic stand when you can gaffer tape your mic to a broom stick!

Last edited:
My family and I were debating on watching that last night. We ended up watching Jersey Boys instead. Can't say I recommend Jersey Boys.

I saw Begin Again on a jet lagged flight from China to the U.S. good flick but need to watch it again to remember it all...it's hell getting old.

My family and I were debating on watching that last night. We ended up watching Jersey Boys instead. Can't say I recommend Jersey Boys.

My then-girlfriend made me go the play on Broadway, though I did my passive-aggressive best to not break my streak of never having been to a Broadway show. But I have to admit, it was great. I love that old Eye-talian-American music from that era, like the music that was in the first half of Goodfellas. I still never want to go to another play, though.

My friend who saw the movie liked it a lot... he actually compared it to Goodfellas, though he said it wasn't THAT good (obviously).

I also watched Jersey Boys recently (wifely influence) and thought it wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad and a good insight into the life of the singer.

However, I have a bigger problem now. My wife liked it enough she now has the sound track album and I'm hearing way too much Frankie Valli just now.

I DO like live theatre musicals...in fact most of my mixing is that genre...and I'd love to both see and/or mix Jersey Boys.

That's funny... after reading about Jersey Boys in this thread, it made me think of the song Opus 17. I just challenged someone to cover it. I like Frankie V, but I can also imagine ODing on it relatively quickly if I were being forced to listen to it when I wasn't in the mood.

That's funny... after reading about Jersey Boys in this thread, it made me think of the song Opus 17. I just challenged someone to cover it. I like Frankie V, but I can also imagine ODing on it relatively quickly if I were being forced to listen to it when I wasn't in the mood.

I can confirm your imaginings.

Arrrrgh! As I type this, "Walk Like a Man" is starting for the third time today.

Back