Logic - worst interface?

Jerry W

I am a user and supporter of Digital Performer but because I wanted to use sound libraries that were only ported for Giga Studio and EXS24II I had to choose between purchasing a PC and sound card plus the Giga software or, Logic. I choose Logic and frankly, I am sorry I did.

After using Digital Performer for nearly three years, I find the Logic interface to be decidedly unmusical and too counter intuitive. In fact, I think the Logic interface sucks to be honest.

Of course, when we are used to something we tend to be biased towards it so I am aware that I am biased towards DP becuase I am familiar with it, it is comfortable and easy for me to use and facilitates creativity.

I would love to hear others opinions about the Logic interface and particularly others who have worked on various programs for a long time and can give an objective opinion.

Logic's interface is awful. I know audio engineers who came from analog backgrounds who gave up on Logic before they even passed a single bit of audio through the system, because it was so horrendous to set up and start working. It might be different now that Apple owns it (iMusic, anyone?) but since it only runs on a Mac now, I could care less.

I've used it for many years. It took awhile to learn it but I know it well now and like you said...its hard to switch.
Its not bright and colorful, but it gets the job well done.

Like any professional piece of equipment, logic is extremely powerful, and extremely complex.

Start using autoloads and it will become cake in no time.

Logic is extrememly powerful and intuitive once you read the manual. Problem is, the manual is over 850 pages long.

Back