Logic Templates

polarity

I'm fairly new to logic (and recording in general). I found a great site on youtube that has given me tons of answers and help on various things. I found one about creating templates in logic (which is pretty easy) but unfortunately for me the person mixing was doing electronic music so while I got the basics and some ideas it only helped with one style of music.

I've watched tons of tutorials on different effects and why you should or shouldn't add them but I'm curious if anyone has some templates they would like to share? I'm well aware it is not the end all be all of how to mix a track but it definately could help us newer people out with understanding the path of the signal and why you have things in that order. If you're willing to post up any type of explanation on why you're doing something a certain way that would help too.

Are we allowed to link youtube videos here? I would love to post a link to the guys channel I've found that has TONS of helpful videos for some different genres.

-polarity

Sure, you can post YouTube videos here. I'd offer up some templates, but I don't really have any. I start from scratch every time. But what you might find useful are the 3-4 demo songs that came with your Logic install. They're professionally mixed songs from real radio artists that you can open up and investigate/mess with all the tracks on.

mpigsley77 - YouTube

That is his channel, he has tons of useful videos explaining how to use effects and why, plus how they work. Also some great overall videos there on general ideas for vocal processing, how to use aux channels and busses. Tons of good info.

-polarity

Logic templates

Hi polarity,

I think you should have a look at waasoundlab.com: they provide creative Logic templates covering many musical genres that can help you understand the production process...

Hope it helps! :guitar:

Back