Logic Pro X Audio recording.

Zisha

Hi all! I'm using logic pro x, i'm doing Voice recording. I know i'm not using the Best mic, but not a bad one. but i'm having one problem. The voice is very flexible. I mean, the volume isn't Leveled, the volume goes up and down, sometimes the the headphones could even start boosting, or, how ever you wanna call it. So, can anyone please tell me witch Plug in i should use to make the Level's good, i should be enable to sing a highpart of a song, and it should get leveled by themselve. Thanks

There are a lot of possible answers to your question/problem.

One of them would be to use a compressor plug-in on your voice.

Another one would be to go into your DAW and level the vocal track manually.

But I think the most productive answer would be to control your dynamics while recording. If you need to belt out a high note, move a few inches back from the mic. For softer parts, move a little closer,etc....

It might take a bit of practice and you'll have to experiment to find out how sensitive the mic is to those kind of movements, but good mic technique will take you a long way.

Without knowing what kind of room you're recording in, or what kind of mic and DAW you're using, I can't really be more specific with any advice.

I was pretty much gona say just that.

In order of priority:
Work the microphone - Lean back, move in etc.
Volume automate the track. (waves V rider does this automatically, but it's just a time saver really)
Compress.

I'm hesitant to even put compress in there because I very rarely use it to control volume over long periods.

I'm hesitant to even put compress in there because I very rarely use it to control volume over long periods.
Hehe...Actually, I hesitated to put it, too. But I figured if I didn't mention it, someone else would. So, I just threw it into the "possible answers" batch. :)

hi. thank you all for the answers. Just one thing. You think i should make louder the Compresses gain? Or the eq gain?

Hehe...Actually, I hesitated to put it, too. But I figured if I didn't mention it, someone else would. So, I just threw it into the "possible answers" batch. :)

Yeah, fair play.
I'd use it to squash the crap out of backing vocals sometimes, but usually if they're word for word harmonies and consistency is really important.

hi. thank you all for the answers. Just one thing. You think i should make louder the Compresses gain? Or the eq gain?

If you're tracking levels are in the right ballpark, you should be able to volume automate to level the track out, then adjust the fader to put the whole vocal roughly in the right place.
If you need eq or compression after that for taste, you'll be able to make better judgements with a nice even volume level.

Back